Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Smoke THIS

TRP got our first taste of "corporate sponsorship", meaning, what it means to work on location with corporate drones running around telling you what you can't and can't do, in this case C*mel C*garettes.

CC: Your not allowed here.
TRP: I've been contracted to be here for over a month.

CC: You can't take any photos anyside with our logo in the background.
TRP: You've decorated every wall and TV in here with ads, but no problem.

CC: We're kicking you out again.
TRP: I'm not leaving, I'm suppossed to be here. (sulking off to another part of the bar).

CC: You're not using your camera are you?
TRP: I'm a photographer, why would I do something silly like that?

CC: We don't want pictures of people here with our logo in the background.
TRP: So, every person in here with a digital camera thats been taking pictures all night that will (gasp) be posting them on myspace? What about them?
CC: Well.....we do what we can.
TRP: (Shaking head).

CC: Hey you're still here.
TRP: Yep, doing my job, just like you.

CC: Can you take a picture of me with Carey Hart?
TRP: As long as it doesn't hurt his corporate branding.

You paid a grip to sponsor an event and don't want pictures to be taken, because of corporate branding? What about corporate brain washing? This has Michael Moore stalk-u-mentary written all over it.

Trust me, the TRP logo is a tree...meaning, grassroots, healthy, progressive, strong, and grounded.....like I would ever want to support a multi-billion dollar suicidal conglomerate that whores a carcinogenic lifestyle. As if.

No comments: