Thursday, December 4, 2008

Creative Endevours


It's got me thinking why anyone would ever choose to decide to take on the responsibility as a "creative" for their vocation. I guess it's the same sense why most people choose to express themselves, in their own way....to release, show emotion, or bring to life what they see in their minds eye.

Sometimes I look around and see so many things I would just love to grab and bring back through my camera (figuratively speaking, of course...the actual logistics of that are mind-numbing). I even see people sometimes and can see them in an un-natural element, in the way that it would be surprisingly strange and beautiful (think, Vogue model in a $5,000 dress in a barn. Who goes to a barn in a $5,000 dress anyway?) It's all subjective, but there's truly beauty everywhere.

But I guess that's the fun part of being a creative, to bring to this dimension something that was not here before, or compositing several different thought-processes into a medium of choice. It's the end product that really gives a "high" for artists I guess, to having imagined and pondered on something for months, sometimes even years, and then to really put it together, produce it, get the shot, and see the end result, and release it to the world. There's really nothing like it and I know why I fall in love with every shoot I do...it's so engaging and challenging and different every time that I can't imagine not being able to create in this way!

So as I sit here and edit, maybe it's the Rockstar, Rubios supreme tacos, or cookies (now I REALLY feel bad about the lady at the convenience store asking me how I stay so thin!) talking, but I guess that's why most artists will do most anything and go through hell and high water to keep their dreams and ideas alive....because, you're either growing or you're dying, and to create really breaths you new life every time.

No comments: